Created in January 2019 by the Mohammed V University of Rabat and its partners (Department of Higher Education and Scientific Research; National Center for Scientific and Technical Research – CNRST, International University of Rabat – UIR, In Tofail University of Kénitra – UITK), the Moroccan Institute for Advanced Studies (IMEA) aims to promote high-level research in the humanities and social sciences research in the humanities and social sciences and to promote dialogue and interactions with other scientific fields (life science, sciences data, environmental sciences, etc.).
The IMEA offers fifteen scientific residencies to high-level international researchers (juniors and seniors) in human and social sciences for periods of 3 or 10 months during an academic year.
The IMEA offers researchers the possibility of developing or pursuing a research project of their choice, while benefiting from a first-rate interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
The institute supports them in the development of scientific collaborations thanks to a vast network of university, research and cultural institutions in Morocco.
THE BLUE SKY FELLOWSHIPS
The research projects proposed within the framework of the blue sky fellowship can fit all disciplines and themes of the human and social sciences. They must be innovative and open an interdisciplinary perspective.
Applications articulated around one or more thematic and transversal axes are particularly encouraged :
- Educational, cultural and societal transformations
- Secondary / higher education, skills and opportunities
- Cultural and societal transformations
- Inclusion, innovation and social cohesion
- Socio-economic transformations
- Labor / capital: State, regulations, companies, markets
- Urban and coastal development policies
- Inequalities and public health
- Domestic and international migration
- The future begins today
- Demography, aging, intergenerational perspectives
- Energy, natural resources and environment
- Smart cities
- Artificial intelligence
- Transversal axes:
- Issues of digitalization and digital
- Public actors (governance, public policies) / private actors (CSR, globalization)
- Interregional dynamics, North / South (s)
A detailed presentation of the thematic and transversal axes is available on the IMEA website.
The main selection criterion is the excellence of the project and its owner, with priority given to Innovative projects.