The primary mission of the IMEA is to welcome promising and recognized international, junior and senior researchers for research residencies (from a few weeks to a full academic year) in the human and social sciences, at the interfaces with the environmental, life, material and information sciences.
By hosting researchers from different intellectuel backgrounds in residence, the IMEA is a place for scientific exchange and production. During regular seminars, informally in the daily life of the institute, international and Moroccan researchers meet, dialogue and develop collaborative projects. The scientific events of the institute – from the half-day workshop to the colloquium bringing together specialists from different disciplines around a theme – show the variety of possible approaches to the same question and make it possible to assess the conditions of their complementarity.
Each research project of a resident is a starting point for organizing conferences, seminars and doctoral courses, in connection with the various research institutions of Morocco, thus allowing the development of its radiation on a regional scale.
The IMEA aims for academic development, scientific research and innovation, through:
- Strengthening the international scientific attractiveness with the funding of scientific residencies allowing the invitation of high level researchers from all disciplines within the IMEA;
- Accompaniment of scientific excellence by linking researchers invited by IMEA and Moroccan research potential, experienced and in training (especially at the doctoral level);
- Support for scientific innovation with a program generating the creation of emerging, interdisciplinary and innovative research projects of a very high international level within a perimeter of evolving excellence;
- The promotion of a North-South and South-South scientific dialogue, interdisciplinary, intergenerational, multicultural, intercultural and international, open to the problems of contemporary society;
- Promotion of research and development activities and training projects;
- The development of partnerships, national and international, with the social, economic and cultural world;
- Strengthening the international influence of institutions and research institutions in higher education